"Great it is to dream the dream,
When you stand in youth by the starry
But a greater thing is to fight life
And say at the end, the dream is true."
Edwin Markham (1852-1940)
LEAP Forward has a dream that:
- All youth will be given the hope and opportunities necessary to
become empowered to be the best they can be.
- All youth will be afforded the chance to live lives that give
meaning to their existence.
- All youth and especially minority youth won't have to
walk alone but will be guided by the experiences and lessons of
- Minority youth from underrepresented ethnic and cultural
backgrounds will press past disappointments and
strive to see their dreams come to pass because they are encouraged
to do so.
- Minority youth will learn more about the outstanding
accomplishments of other minorities in the math and science career
fields and be inspired.
- Exposure to technical careers, professionals, and industries
will provide a seed that will yield a pool of well prepared
resources to meet future demands.
- The talents and gifts of their young minds will be captured for
- Youth will not only dream but will do and
become what they dream.
What can we do together?
Dare to give of ourselves
Reach beyond "us" to be an
Ever present help
Available and ready to serve
Make a Difference